Monday, April 20, 2009

Busy!











We have had a busy week.  
We 
started 
off with 

the Pine Wood Derby contest.
I grew up with mostly sisters so all this scout stuff  has been an interesting learning experience for me.  I think I am finally starting to enjoy it.  It is a good thing because Levi thinks it is the greatest thing in the world.

He ended up winning first place for the Wolves.  He was SOOO excited.  Now we 
have to (I mean get to) spend a whole Saturday in Richfield for the bigger competition.  Hooray! 


THIS IS KIND OF A FUNNY PHOTO OF WHIT BUT WE ARE ALL SO PROUD OF HIM.  HE IS NOT CRAWLING YET BUT THIS IS A VIEW OF HIS NEW TRICK.  CASEY THINKS HE IS PRACTICING GYMNASTICS.





This week we also had 11 new arrivals.  Zoey had 6 healthy puppies and Annie had 5 healthy puppies.  The kids have been in heaven.  










This is my personal favorite part of this post.  It is time to start our garden.  I am going to try and take a weekly photo.  This is the first.  On Saturday we planted peas, radishes, lettuce, broccoli, and beets.  I am sure it is going to take a while before it starts looking like much.  You can see the kids in the background racing and ramping their trucks.  I don't know what it is with ramping things around here but it happens a lot.    I think we may need to be careful when they get their drivers licenses. 
This is a video of what the other section of our garden looks like.  It has turned into a race track.  The kids have spent hours out there already.  They are going to be disappointed when the time comes to plant the rest of the garden.  

As you can see the bruises and cuts have begun at our house for the summer months.

7 comments:

Camrin said...

Jodi- That video made my day. I love watching your kids play. They have so much energy. We need to come for a visit soon!
Looks like a lot of work all those puppies. Glad it's you and not me. :)

Dallas said...

What an awesome post! Mom and I just looked at it and laughed our heads off. We especially loved the video! They were really catching some air, and Heston biffing it at the end is pretty funny too. Can't wait for the weekly updates of your garden! Cool idea! You are such a clever writer! I can't wait for them to start driving. Good Luck!!! Ha, ha you are so funny.

Zach and Nikki said...

Zach and I were also laughing our heads off with that video. Zach had to show his co-workers the video. Zach said that it looks like Casey "caught like 3 feet of air" ;). It was an overall great post.

Rhonda said...

Great Post Jodi. I loved all of it. Whit will be crawling soon it looks like. I loved the puppies. What great garden shots and I loved the kids ramping the trucks. Thanks for sharing.

Emily said...

I love the dump truck race track. What a fun idea!! I also love your garden...you guys are AMAZING!!

Myra is madly in love with your baby kittens!

Jason & Claire said...

Your kids are adorable. I can't believe you have THREE!

Vaughn Mathis said...

Yipee for new puppies... :)

Looks like everything is peachy... so jealous of your garden! We can't plant a thing out here.

I think we are going to plant a "salsa pot" but that is about it. We need more fun stuff!!

What grows well in pots??