Last year Papa Ed explained to us how to grow cauliflower so we decided to give it a try.
Thanks Grandpa!
It is hard to get the whole garden in one photo.....so.....I tried to get it in two.
It still didn't work.
Sections will have to do!
The kids helped harvest the beets.
By the time we were finishing up harvesting they had pretty much had enough.
After all that work it was time to cool off.
By the end of the day we had 31 pints of pickled beets.
That is enough to have a lot of yummy salads this coming year!
I had to add this even though it has nothing to do with the garden. The kids practice with him several times a day. He loves the attention!
9 comments:
Jodi, I am so impressed with your garden. WOW! What a great way to teach kids how to work. You are not just raising food you know.
Love the walking shot too. What fun times.
OK...you know it is time for your sister to have another kid when I had to count the kids in the cooling off picture. I really felt like someone was missing in that picture. Get to work you two! lol
I LOVE when kids learn how to walk. What a cutie. You would think I would have enough of kids but, whenever I see pictures of Whit I always want to hold him. Weird I know. It's not just these pictures its all of them! :)
Oh yeah, your garden is AWESOME! Maybe one day I will grow up to be more like you. GOOD JOB GUYS!
Wow! Your garden is amazing! Very inspiring! Someday I will have somewhat of a garden, probably never anything like yours!
What a miraculous thing! Your garden is beautiful like usual. I love seeing pictures of it! And way to go Whit!!!! I love when they start walking it is so dang cute. Maybe he will be walking in time for when Kaven is ready for a walker. :)
-Dallas
Was that lipstick?! Great job Whit! You're garden is so beautiful. And what's the secret to the HUGE cauliflower? I brag about you to my family all the time. My older sister is so jealous- she's all into organic foods now and wants her own farm.
Excited to see you all in a week!
The garden looks great but the kids look even better.
WOW! That's about all I can say is, WOW!
The garden is amazing! But even more amazing is that you trust your children with knives! YOU ARE DEFINITELY ONE GREAT MOM! Way to go!
Oh, and Whit is pretty cute too. He has grown so fast! I agree with Camrin...aren't you ready for another one? :)
NICE JODI!!! You ARE a super mom and amazing in every way!!
I never knew that Annabella was on the road to Emery?!?
We will definitely have to stop by next year and look at your amazing stompin' grounds!!
Post a Comment