Thursday, August 20, 2009

Pony Pony Pony


All the kids could talk about when they got home from school was the new pony.  I wanted to talk about their first day of school but I could hardly get a peep out of them.  So, I sat down BY MYSELF to go through their backpacks.  Before I knew it Levi was asking me for some shampoo.  I told him he didn't need to shower until tonight and he told me it wasn't for him.  I walked outside and there was the pony tied to the carport.  I didn't know Levi knew how to put a halter on let alone be brave enough to get him out of his pen.  Levi had the rope all twisted around the carport pole in order to tie him up.  It was pretty cute.  We decided to have a lesson on slip knots used for tying horses up.  
---I decided the school stuff would have to wait.  ---
So, we gave the pony a bath.  Afterwards Levi and Casey rode him all over the yard and the neighborhood.  By the time we were done we had quite a few kids over at our house.  We did go through their backpacks but it wasn't until after dinner.

Thumper was was wet from getting a bath.  The kids couldn't wait for him to dry so they put a couple towels on him so their bums wouldn't get wet. ---- It didn't work.----

Thumper likes getting a drink out of the hose.

4 comments:

Camrin said...

so cute sis! cant wait to see him for real life this next week! :)

Dallas said...

Oh my! Every kids DREAM! You are the coolest parents ever. He looks so tame and perfect for the kids. Do you still have your other horses? Were you able to find homes for them? Looks like Emery needs to come for another visit!!!

Rhonda said...

Wow what a horse you got there. I am so surprised that Levi Knows what he is doing. How did he learn how to ride a horse so good? Is the horse strong enough to carry me? How is King doing does he like him? or does he become the boss like usual? I miss him do you still have him?
Leslie

Emily said...

VERY COOL! You are an AWESOME mom....no doubt!!

Cutest little riding kids.