This is a long post so if you only have a second you might what to save it for later. I keep getting pressure from a couple individuals to get some photos up from our vacation. So, Here is goes.
We took a family vacation the first week of February to Southern California. It took a lot of coaxing from some good friends and our kids. We spent four days in California (not including driving time) and did five pretty big activities. We pulled the kids out of school for four days and Chris even took four days off work. This is extremely unlike him!
Here is a quick outline of our trip.
Day 1: Drove to Grandpa and Grandpa Hills house in Logandale.
Day 2: Drove the rest of the way to Oceanside, California. This is the first place we stayed.
Day 3: Spent the whole day at the San Diego Zoo. We only saw about half the Zoo. It was a blast but the kids were dragging their feet by the time we headed back to the hotel. We had dinner and then went to the Oceanside Pier. It was pretty cool. It is one of the longest wooden piers on the West Coast, spanning 1,942 feet in length. When we got back to the hotel the kids swam in the pool. I don't know where they found their extra store of energy.
Day 4: Spent the whole day at Sea World. The kids swam again when we arrived back at the hotel.
Day 5: We got up early, packed all our belongings, and headed up the coast. We spent a couple hours playing on a real fun beach. It had sand and rocks. The kids found some cool stuff in the rocks. We then drove the rest of the way to Anaheim and checked into our hotel. We then walked to California Adventure and spent about 3 hours. I was raining the whole time. By the time we walked the mile back to the hotel we were soaked to the bone, cold and tired. The kids were not interested in trying out the pool. Heston was so tired he didn't even want dinner.
Day 6: We got up early and walked back to Disneyland. Luckily we had beautiful weather all day. The longest line we stood in was about 20 minutes. We chose a great day to go! By the time we made it back to the hotel everyone was exhausted. As we stood in the elevator on the way up to our room Dad asked Levi and Casey when we should come back to do this vacation again. Dad asked, "How about 3 years?" No answer......... "How about 5 years?"......... Levi was quiet for a minute......... Then Levi looked up and said, "How about 7 years?" Chris and I both laughed.
Day 6: We got up early, packed our bags and headed home. We stopped in Logandale for a couple hours to rest and visit. We finally arrived to our home sweet home at about 10:30pm.
Relaxing in the hotel
Playground at the Zoo
We flew over the Zoo to get to the other side in these cool things.
We took tons of photos at the Zoo. I think this is because it was our first day. The pictures slow down as the days go by.
Casey liked the swings at the hotel.
This is the Oceanside Pier. It was really cool. It might have been my favorite part of the trip. It is dark so you can't see the ocean. It was a huge pier! I read on the internet that it is 1,942 feet in length and is all made out of wood.
Sea World! The kids liked the star fish and the manta rays.
The kids loved the pool the first three nights. After that they were too tired. Whit loved it but was not interested in getting in. He just wanted to watch.
The Beach!
California Adventure!
Disneyland!
Levi could not keep his eyes open during "It's a Small World" ride. He liked the big roller coasters. His favorite was the most scary. I think it was called Paradise Pier.
Chris does not like roller coasters! The whole time we were wishing he could be the pregnant one so I could go on the rides and he could sit with the baby!
The kids were having a hard time keeping their eyes open by this time!
Heston and Whit crashed on the long walk back to the hotel.
I guess we have another 7 years before we take this trip again!
6 comments:
Your trip looked like TONS of fun! You got some great pictures like Casey jumping into the pool. Pictures are worth a thousand words. Thanks for sharing your trip with us. Maybe in 7 years we will be able to go with you.:)
Thanks for the update! I love all the pictures. Hold on cause 7 years is going to fly by. :)
To date, I don't have any trouble with smoking or drinking, however, living in Vegas makes it awfully tempting to gamble. Perhaps when we conquer that temptation, we could justify taking an elaborate trip like yours. I am sure Nikki will be envious after she reads about all your fun adventures and checks out all the great photos. You are an inspiration. Thanks for sharing!
So much fun! I think I have Perry almost convinced that we need to go to Disneyland at least once...perhaps we'll join you in seven years!
And for the record...I tried calling on your b-day but couldn't even leave a message? Just know I was sending happy thoughts into the atmosphere for you :).
Have a happy day.
Ginger
Looks like you guys had lots of fun. I keep thinking that we need to go but then I'm like maybe we'll wait until Sawyer is a little older. He'll probably be 16 before we go:). Cute pictures:)
Sounds and looks like great fun!!!!
Post a Comment