Monday, October 19, 2009

Beans!

Our Zuni beans finally dried out enough to finish harvesting them! Chris rigged up a little contraption to separate the beans from the rest of the plant and it worked like a charm. We ended up with 60 pounds of these babies. I think we might be able to take a few summers off before we will need to plant them again. Zuni beans make the yummiest refried beans our family has ever eaten!

Whit loves watching the marbles go down in the towers the kids make. He also likes to knock the towers over.

4 comments:

Dallas said...

WOW! I bet that contraption saved TONS and TONS of time! I remember picking and sorting those beans last year and it was VERY tedius! Cute pictures and video. Emery always loves watching the videos!

Emily said...

You guys are amazing! Where do you get Zuni bean seeds? Would they grow here? We would love to plant some of those bad boys!

Your family is adorable, by the way!

Kelly said...

You always impress me so much! What a fun life. I am loving the family photo at the top of your blog.

Emily said...

You guys are so awesome!!! I am so lucky to know ya!

I called Bryan and told him the whole Zuni bean scoop. We are so excited for the adventure of beaning!

Thanks so much for the bag o' beans and your time!