Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Busy!


Chris and I have been enjoying our family and friends blogs so much that I wanted to thank everyone for the time they put into them. We love to see what is going on in your lives.

We have been doing a lot of cleaning up the last couple weeks. The garden is officially frozen which means I should be done with all the bottling. I am not. I still have lots of apples and tomatoes sitting in my washroom waiting for my attention.

Our friends invited us to take a little vacation to their cabin and when we arrived home all our flowers were dead. So...we spent the afternoon cleaning out the flower beds. The kids were great at helping.
Whit is walking everywhere now and is getting hard to keep track of. He thinks he is as big as the rest of the kids.
The kids hard work paid off. We finally brought the pumpkins in out of the field. They are hoping to make a little money by selling these beauties.
Chris used his big muscles to press the juice out of a lot of apples so we can enjoy apple juice all winter. We ended up with about 30 gallons of juice off of our one tree. We gave half to our friends who provided the press and I bottled the rest. It ended up being a lot of juice.
Casey and Whit washing the apples before they went into the press.
This is a photo of some of the finished apple and grape juice we did this year. We ended up with 140 quarts of grape juice and 60 quarts of apple juice. I am grateful to be done with that job!

7 comments:

Dallas said...

This is probably one of my favorite posts of yours for some reason. It is just you guys living life to the fullest. I look at all your labors and results of your labors and it just makes me feel all tingly inside. Your kids are SO CUTE! The picture of them with their pumpkins is the BEST! Whit is even waveing. He is getting SO BIG! Now that he is walking he doesn't seem like a baby anymore. Where has the time gone?

Stacie Mathis said...

Next year ... applesauce!

Zach and Nikki said...

I'll just have to say ditto to Dallas' post! Really- your family is such an example of Pres. Uchtdorf's priesthood session talk(I just watched it last night so it's fresh in my mind)!
So impressive--what's so neat is that your children participate in the work--such an invaluable lesson!

Camrin said...

amen to whats been said!
miss you guys!

Emily said...

I want to be just like you when I grow up! ;)

YOU ARE AMAZING!

I love your adorable little family.

Brooke Hansen said...

You're amazing, and so is your adorable family!

Hoffmaniacs said...

Wow...that's about all I can say is WOW!