Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Halloween & More

We had so much fun this year for Halloween!
Our ward always plans such a neat party.
This year we had dinner, activities for the kids and a trunk-or-treat.

Later in the evening we headed to Grandma's for yummy homemade donuts and chili.
Grandma's are the best!


On Friday night we had our annual pumpkin carving party with some friends. Yummy food was included. This year we tried cooking the food in a pumpkin.
The kids are growing up so fast and becoming extremely independent. They all carved their own pumpkin this year. It makes me sad but it sure is nice!
Chris found some great templates for carving pumpkins on the internet and they were a hit. Our finished products are on another camera. You will have to wait until later to see them.
Now for something other than Halloween...........
Whit finally figured out how good it feels to stand by the heater. Now when it comes on we have four kids racing for the best spot instead of three.
There has been a lot of time spent lately raking leaves into piles.
Levi is having a blast with scouts. This is a shot from our last pack meeting. He just turned 9 so now he gets to be in the Bears with me. I am so excited!!!
We have had perfect fall weather for quite some time now. But, last weekend we had a little taste of winter. We had snow and were freezing for two days. The kids sure loved it! I am glad to be having nice fall weather again though. I am not quite ready for winter yet!





Whit is the clown of the family. His siblings are always teaching him new tricks and he thrives on it. Whenever he wants a little extra attention all he has to do is pull out one of his tricks. He loves to get everyone laughing at mealtimes.

5 comments:

Nora Mair said...

Those red leaves have me loosing my breath. Such cute trickortreaters!

marie said...

I love that you have a blog!!! I just spent the last 20 minutes looking at all your posts:) You are one busy lady with all your animals and a garden that I am really in envy of and not to mention your adorable kids!!It's so fun to keep up on the latest happenings. I also know what you went through with your apple tree, we have three and that doesn't include the ones down at the ranch-way cool juicer by the way:) I basically did applesauce and apple pie filling-don't know what I'll do with it all but I'm sure we'll figure it out. So good to see your cute happy family! By the way it's almost that time of year again for the Christmas party-Are you and Chris up for it? I actually think it's Cory's turn:)

Camrin said...

I thought Chris HATED Mohawks. What made him want to be one for Halloween? Cracked me up anyway!
Your sure have cute kids! :)

Brooke Hansen said...

Whit is SOOOO cute! (All of your kids are!) We are making our blog private, so I need your email address so I can invite you!

Vaughn Mathis said...

I think Chris looks pretty awesome with the mohawk.

:)